Clearly, I need to figure out how to make collages. Please do not feel obliged to examine these outfits in minute detail (or even at all!)
These are not the only outfits I have worn this season (obviously) but they are quite representative. Some you have seen before, mostly as "practice" outfits (when I was running a K/R thread or asking for help to choose between a couple of outfits for an occasion). Mostly, I just wanted to put them out there as record of what I've actually worn this spring and early summer, to see if I can glean any lessons from this.
A few notes:
- Very glad I did not dye my white jeans in the fall. They have been a blessing in this cooler spring.
- Blue and white! Always a favourite summer combination of mine, but I seem to be favouring these more than ever.
- The gold metallic Clarks sandals which I do not love and which do not fit perfectly have nonetheless been a workhorse and CPW is almost nil, so if I find the white replacement that I really want, I guess I can feel justified in passing them along.
- Angie's and Inge's picks have been fabulous for me. I am wearing them in photos 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21!! Items include: VC tube skirts, Kut white skinnies, BR textured shell, J. Crew linen boy shirt, True Religion Cameron jeans, Gap mesh sleeve sweater, CM cobalt shorts, and Leith pants. I also wore the J. Crew tux shirt a lot but for some reason I don't have a photo of it.
- Thanks to Gaylene for suggesting a J. Crew tee. :-) I have been enjoying the quality of many of their items this year. I also really like the Club Monaco pieces I ended up keeping -- which were the shorts and the top in 8 and 24. The top seemed expensive at the time, but is going to earn its CPW without question. I don't have a lot of pictures of it but I have already worn it a lot.
- Thanks also to Rae for putting me onto the Equipment kitty print shirt, to Sveta and Shannon for encouraging my Danier addiction, to Sveta and MNSara and Claudia for helping with specific purchases, to Angie for suggesting wide belts (and print belts), to K for modelling how to wear a peplum top with jeans, and to Angie and the forum for helping me style my kimono!