Well, I managed to get it all into a carry-on...but the carry-on was so heavy I had to check it in. :) Oh well. It worked out. There was time to collect my bag at the airport before meeting at the car rental place for travel to final destination, and the carry on (just) fit into the tiny vehicle with the others' bags.
Iceland was amazing. I only wish I could have stayed for longer and explored more. Since I was on retreat and then at a conference, my excursions were limited.
I took a lot of clothing and needed every bit of it. I wore every single thing -- most things multiple times. I'll post a full list of items below and you will see many in the Finds.
It was cold in Siglufjörður (N. 66, just slightly below the Arctic Circle) and also at Þingvellir. So, taking a cue from Smittie, I layered a raincoat over my North Face puffer (which I threw into my pack at the last minute and very glad I did!) Reykjavik was chilly rather than cold, and rainy, except for one lucky morning.
I had only my iphone with me so photo quality is not fabulous, alas.
Back home now with a sore throat! Hoping to heal up over the weekend.
1. My pretty room at Siglo hotel
2. The view from the window seat.
5. The view at 11:30 pm...it never got dark.
7. The evening we arrived was the occasion of the first gay marriage ever officiated at the local church. BIG celebration. Whole town came out and there was much dancing and quaffing of champagne.
18. We heard the famous Karl Ove Knausgaard talk as a keynote in the conference.
19-20 -- some fashion fun. The designs were wonderful. I bought a ring (which I will show later). My friend bought a sweater.
22-23 -- the art was amazing...the first photo is all hair from Icelandic sheep.
24. Haldor Laxness's house (Nobel winning Icelandic author).