Since I wear a lot of jeans and have been taking photos most days for the last few weeks, I thought you might enjoy this sampling of premium and non-premium denim for comparison.
1. Premium CoH Racer Patina (bought on sale) and J. Crew sweater.
2. Non-P Banana Republic cream jeans (sale) and LL Bean flannel shirt.
3. Same BR cream jeans and INC tunic.
4. Premium Rag&Bone Dre slim BF jeans (sale price) and BR sweatshirt.
5. Non-P GAP Original Fit selvedge jeans rescued from my daughter's donate bag. These are soft 100% cotton and I love them. With Zara shirt.
6. Non-P Banana Republic Heritage slouchy skinnies from 2010 and still going strong. Love these jeans. .(Bought on super sale in NYC!)
7. Non-P BR cream jeans, Zara shirt, J. Crew cropped sweater.
8. Premium CoH Racer jeans in sand or something like that (ebay purchase), with LLBean shirt and J. Crew sweater.
9. BR slouchy skinnies With BR shirt and J. Crew Merino V neck.
10. GAP decidedly Non-P skinnies (on super duper sale).
11. Kut from the Kloth non-P white skinnies with LLBean top and J. crew sweater.
Sheesh, look at that. Am I a prepster or what?
This isn't even the full collection. I seem to have collected a lot of jeans, but since I wear them almost every day spring/ fall/ winter, my CPW for each pair is very low, especially when averaged.
I go through cycles of wearing certain ones more than others. Right now the BR cream jeans and my new grey jeans are getting a lot of love. Have worn the grey ones four days straight since I bought them!
My least worn pairs are my GAP Long and Lean (non-P and low price), and a pair of DL 1961 dark wash skinnies bought on super sale and best worn tucked into boots for a sort of "breeches" look.
But my all-time faves are the CoH Racers in patina, my Rag and Bone Dres, and my Kut white jeans. With the distressed BR slouchy skinnies coming close.