Yes...the ideal may be to have a closet full of workhorses. But all work and no fun makes for a dull closet.
Which items do you own that are NOT workhorses but more than make up for it in their Joy per Wear, or the "Happiness Factor"?
A few of mine:
- Nicole Miller linen sheath dress -- special occasion.
- CM silk dress -- special occasion
- Halogen striped skirt.
- Long and Lean flared jeans. (Weather prevents frequent wear).
- Imelda cream pointy toed booties bought in Israel with Shevia. (Again -- a weather issue, plus, the heel is a bit low for me.)
- Elie Tahari suit bought at the YLF meetup in Boston. (I wear the jacket a lot, but as a suit far less often).
- R&B gilet
- BR sequinned culottes