So....I am going to return the skirt of controversy...not because it is controversial but because I fear it won't really earn its keep in my closet, alas.
I would dearly love an alternative, both for the coming trip and for afterwards. I love my tube skirts, but I think they would be too hot in China, and sometimes a girl feels like a change.
Here are a few options I'm considering. Please tell me what you think (esp. if you have seen in person) or if you have others in mind, let me know.
1. The skirt ElizabethP has. Problem -- it is probably going to be too big for me (no XS) and it looks very high contrast.
2. EF skirt Diana recommended. I like it and it is linen, and I have a Nordstrom's Reward to use up so the price would be less. BUT...it might not get to me in time using Border Free. ARGH.
3. Club Monaco Doanie -- silk and an unbelievable price. I am not usually a fan of handkerchief hems but it might be a fun summer addition.
4. Club Monaco silk shorts. Kind of an interesting alternative, maybe?
5. Zara culottes -- but they are viscose, which can be hot.