Uh...how many sandals do I own? (Quick count: 4) How many months do I actually wear sandals? (Um...fewer months than I already have pairs, in most years.)
And guess what found its way into my shopping cart just now? This Angie recommended sandal.
In my defence:
- I found a Canadian online retailer selling it for less money than Zappos! (Unheard of.)
- I know it will fit and be comfortable, because I have the sister shoe from last year in brown and grey, and it was a workhorse for me. I am still wearing it (I figure it should last until the end of this season) and I find that cross-strap style quite flattering on my foot.
- I didn't have a colourful sandal this year (only neutrals).
I plan to retire a pair of red flats that are no longer comfortable. One in/ one out.
Meanwhile, I still really, really want white sandals or pointy toed pumps, and if I find them I am retiring the ill-fitting pale gold Clarks.
Please tell me I'm not a wasteful, spendthrift fool. And remind me how I can wear these lovelies!
My plans so far:
- With my fuchsia jackets! :-)
- With white jeans and shorts and bright tops (oops...I see a wardrobe hole for a fuchsia or rhubarb or raspberry top...)
- With my bright pink clutch and a white on white or all-navy outfit.
- With my cobalt skirt and top and my pink clutch (which also works as a cross body, by the way).
Note: the Zappos reviewer says they are great for wide feet. My foot is not wide, just average. But I do have a high arch, so all in all, I'd call my foot "medium volume." I found that the strap (adjustable on my version, and elasticized on this new one) means that it holds you in quite well regardless. That is what gives it stability and makes it so comfortable.