One of the few items (besides gear and undies and a few footwear options) available at the Canadian sale was the Kurt Geiger gunmetal bag. I ordered it to see if it might work for me.
The verdict? Undecided. And that is odd for me. I usually know right away.
What I like:
- The colour works in my closet.
- The structure -- I tend to prefer structured bags visually.
- The size. It is a small bag, but proportionate to my own size. It is small enough to fit in my bike pannier if I am going downtown. Whip it out and I have a nice looking bag instead of a schlumpy backpack. :)
- It is crossbody. -- practical.
- It is well made and looks durable. I love my Minkoff backpacks but the finish on my gunmetal one is already worn on the base and my blue one is coming apart at the seams. I use these bags hard. The leather ones are much more durable but also very pricey. I might spring for another if I find one on sale, but not at full price.
What has me on the fence:
- The price. Although on sale, it is still a pricey bag for me, considering, especially, that I have barely used a bag in the last year at all, and the Delta variant has me worried that we'll be locked down again pretty soon and going almost nowhere.
- The size/ shape. Yes, I prefer structured bags visually, but the way the zipper is positioned on this one makes me feel like I can barely get my hand into the bag to pull out what i might need. It fits my things (barely) but might be a pain to use.
So...I don't know! It's really good for my style, but I guess I'm just unsure I will use it enough to justify the price. Only I can decide that, I realize. But all thoughts on the subject welcome!
PS none of my other items (bras and socks) have arrived. This was the only "fun" item in my order.